The data structure is a special type of format that used to store and organizes data. Generally, the type of data structure includes the file, the array, the record, the tree and the table. The objective of designing data structure is to organize a set of data to make it suit for a specific purpose then it can work and access in an appropriate way. Another objective of designing data structure is to store the data and then work on that using various algorithms. Programmers use a data structure to implement different programming task. Generally, the concept of the data structure is dovetail with virtual reality and virtual objects.
Various type of data structure
In the data structure, the data types can be classified in main three classes.
- Primitive data
- Composite data
- Abstract data
Data structure can be classified in to two type non-primitive data structure and primitive data structure.
Primitive data structure: this is the basic type of data structure which directly operates the machine instruction, and it has a different representation for different computers. This can be classified into different categories such as floating point, integers, character constants, pointers, string constants.
Non-primitive data structure: This complex type of data structure which derives from the basic data structure or primitive data structure. The significance of this data structure is to emphasize on different or same grouping data items and have a relationship with each data item.
The objective of learning data structure
- To understand the basic algorithm technique to analysis
- To understand graph algorithms like minimum spanning tree and shortest path
- To understand the writing skill of recursive methods
- To understand the advance data structure as example hash table, balanced search tree, priority queues
- To understand several sorting algorithms which are sub-quadratic including merge sort, quick sort, heap sort.
Type of interface in the data-structure
Interface derives the work of data structure. Interface also known as an abstract data type which defines few operations supported by the semantics, or meaning, data structure of their operation.
There is various type of interface present, and those are the Queue, deque and stack interfaces, the list interface, the User interface, the set interfaces.
- The significance of data structure in academics
The data structure is one of the most used programming languages used in the academic syllabus of IT or engineering trade. It has some major importance that is why it has been included in the academic field, and those are
- It helps to develop potential logical thinking among student.
- It helps the student to accomplish the data manipulation procedure and data storage technique using algorithms.